Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Remembering Paris, Again...




Well I have been doing a little spring cleaning and going through all my photos from our recent trip to Europe. I am determined to get my scrapbook done. I can't wait to go back. I look at each one and remember where we were at that moment. I love remembering through pictures because sometimes I think the memories are actually better than the real thing. You can have them forever and hold them dear to your heart. The pictures above are of my favorite pastries from Laduree, my favorite place in Paris to get pastries. It is very well known and as silly as it may sound, it is so beautiful to see all the pastries lined up ready to be bought. Believe me, they all get bought too! I have always been a sucker for pretty packaging and this place doesn't miss a beat. Wish I could get the pastries shipped here. Oh well, I will have to wait 'til next time.


4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh, Kitty don't even get me started on Laduree!! There are at several locations in Paris,but the one I hold dear to my heart is the one on Rue Royal. I never did go to the one on the Champs De Elysse. I still have a couple of the containers from Laduree,like coffee and hot chocolate. I also bought a chocolate scented candle from them. I have it out right now and would like to maybe burn it for Easter. There is a place in San Francisco called "Bellocchio" a very quaint little shop,and they carry their candles. How I wish I could have one of their croissants RIGHT NOW!! My French son in law even loves the packaging from there, and we talked about photocopying the emblem some how and making a t-shirt with it!! Also while I was last there, I bought a book they came out with, it is great.
See, I told you not to get me started!!

Christine said...

you are so lucky to have traveled to far off romantic places like Paris! I am french ya know! My maiden name is LeBlanc!

Elizabeth said...

Nerm, I forgot to answer you question on the Bernina. I think they are the best machine out there,mainly because all of their parts are still metal, unlike some that have too much plastic to them. Mine is very heavy! I used Berninas when I worked in the costume department in college and was hooked on them. Go test them out at a dealer. There are several models in all price ranges. I didn't want too many bells and whistles on mine, so I got the 240. Hope that helps.

Unknown said...

I Love Paris! It is not silly, I totally agree! If scrapbooking is hard to fit in, try Sutterfly books. They are beautiful and easy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails