Have you ever had what you thought was a great idea and then the end project was not at all what you envisioned? As I mentioned several posts ago, I am trying to clean out my fabric and organize my sewing space. I ran across this cute teapot print from LONG ago. I love tea, teapots and I drink ALOT of tea-hot and cold. I bought this and put it in the abyss for later. Lately I have noticed a couple of blogs doing potholders (sorry-can't remember which ones). I saw this print and the lightbulb went off! Potholder!
I got a contrasting background fabric, the good ole wunder under and some batting for heat protection. It was fun to cut out the teapots and apply them to the background. I even made my own bias binding. We-l-l-l, let me tell ya what...it looked like I was in 7th grade Home Ec class! Humiliating to say the least. I have sewn for years and years; quilted; made coats and tons of clothes for my girls; drapes, rufflely curtains, etc. All this to say, I will NOT be making any more of these for Etsy. ha ha. Here's the final project: