Friday, June 27, 2008

SEW SWEET!

Hi there, fellow bloggers! I'm back after a few days off. I can't believe how fast time is flying by this summer. It's already the end of June. The only time I'm glad about that is when I step outside and feel the 90-plus degree heat. While the poor midwest is drowning in water and floods, we need rain badly down here in Tennessee.

Back in May I did a post talking about teaching Mekenzie, my 10 yr old granddaughter, to sew this summer. Here's the update: We're on our way! and here's the proof.
This photo shows Kenzie pinning the pattern and getting ready to cut it out. Going carefully...
Here she is concentrating really hard on sewing the seams of her pj bottoms.

And here is a very pleased and excited Mekenzie wearing her very own pajama pants! She did all of the seams. I helped with the elastic waistband and the hem, but everything else was done by my beautiful granddaughter. We are on our Way, for sure!
Tomorrow it's off to the Weecare knitting circle get-together. I'm doing a white blanket which fits around the baby's carseat. When it's finished, I'll show you the picture. I'll be better now, and stay back on track with my blogging, so comment to me, okay? Luv, Nerm


10 comments:

Glenda said...

Thank you for coming to visit today.

I have to tell you it's inspiring to see your daughter sewing. It's a lost art for the younger generation. My mother taught me years ago. Although I haven't sewn much in the past years, I still remember how.

Ciao
Glenda

Victoria Lynn said...

Yay, Nerm! Hurray for teaching her to sew! Those pants turned out great...I'm so (sew, hehe) proud of both of you! It's good weather for staying inside in the air conditioning and sewing! I've been working on getting my sewing/craft room set up this week. Can't wait for lunch on Monday, have a wonderful weekend and stay cool! Hugs, Victoria Lynn

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Nerm and Kitty,
First, thank you so much for visiting my blog and welcoming me to blogland!!! Now I can visit you and share ideas and fun stuff. I'm hoping to blog today or tomorrow and SHOW pictures of the great goodies from garage sales and estate sale. LOT of GOODIES. Also, did you make the pillow on your banner. So cute. That's something else I want to do, make cute pillows out of old linens. Stop by my blog again. Warmly, Deb

Jamie Jo said...

I almost emailed you today to see how you are doing!!!

So glad you are back, you were missed!! but, we are leaving for vacation tomorrow and I will now be gone for a few days!

Your grandaughter did a great job!!! Wow, how fun!! What wonderful memories you have made for her!

Nanette Merrill said...

What a wonderful thing to do. Those pants are darling and she looks so proud. My summer is zipping by too! July, yipes, where do the hours go?

Elizabeth said...

Hey welcome back! How nice to teach your granddaughter how to sew! I'm sure she now feels like a whole new world has opened up to her.

Christine said...

I wish you were my grandma! What a lucky granddaughter. To learn a skill like that is priceless!

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Nerm!
Mekenzie did a fabulous job making her pj's! They look really great! I know the two of you had a wonderful time sewing. I can hardly wait to teach my grandbabies, the Sweetie Girls, but I'll have to wait a while. They are only 2 & 1yr old!
Hugs, Sherry

Little Blue Violet said...

What a wonderful,unforgettable Grandma you are !!!! O how I wish someone would have had the time to teach me/ hand down a talent, especially one as wonderful as sewing. She will never forget the time spent with you, teaching her such an important and creative craft. You have passed on a wonderful gift that she can in turn pass down. Kudos Grandma! BTW, her 10 year olds project is wayyy better than my 48 year olds sewing projects!
Smiles,
DarLy*~
PS. I will have my neighbor ship your kitty planter on wednesday. I apologize. Work has been keeping me over and I miss the post office.

Unknown said...

Wow what a fabulous grandma you are! How sweet of you to take the time to teach her to sew. It looks like she has done a great job, too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails