Thursday, February 21, 2008

A Quiet Day



Not much going on today which is good because I'm kinda tired. Kitty and I had lunch today at one of our favorite eateries http://www.daviskidd.com/ They have a great little restaurant called "Bronte's" which is quiet and a good place to go for undisturbed conversation. Their homemade soups and quiches are outstanding-wish they'd publish a cookbook! I can't get Big Tom (hubby) to go there b/c he thinks real men don't eat quiche! He doesn't know what he's missing.

I'm working on another baby quilt for the Wee Care program at church. I mentioned this on our old blog. Once a month women get together on Saturday and knit, crochet, quilt, etc baby blankets, bibs, and so forth for the local city hospital's indigent new mothers. Then our blankets are added to a tote bag
aka diaper bag, and added to diapers, shampoo, pacifiers...you get the idea
It's been going on for a couple of years now and is a great way to feel you are making a difference. Here are a few of my squares: (I need some more green). Hope you have had a nice day-hope the sun is shining where you are, because it sure isn't here! ha




2 comments:

Cheryl Miller said...

Thanks for your comments on my blog post! I love it when I meet other women who will admit to being home-bodies, treasuring the chance to stay home and create endlessly. I think it has something to do with the creative, nurturing and nest-building desires that God has put into us!
Cheryl

Jamie Jo said...

I will say it again, and probably every time I come here, you are so talented! The squares are beautiful! Some mother will be very blessed to receive such a beautiful afghan! Your sewing is like a prayer for each mother, how beautiful.

We have sun, but we have very cold too...I'd take the clouds for warmer temps!

Related Posts with Thumbnails