Monday, December 1, 2008

WELCOME ADVENT

Happy December folks. Can you believe it's December? No matter how well I think I have prepared myself each year, it sneaks up on me. That's why Advent is so wonderful. Each day brings us closer to that special day when our Savior is born. The daily readings and devotions help me focus on the reason for the season. And yes, it's Christmas! Not the "holidays"! I miss the days when our girls were young and still at home. We'd light the advent wreath each night at dinner and say a prayer or verse. These are good memories for them today. I'll confess I still buy a Advent calender for myself. ha, ha

This is not a good picture (I need a new camera, Santa), but I'm posting it anyway. I've made stockings for each family member and I needed to replace a few which have worn out or sprung a leak. I have a special request from daughter Amy to knit her one, but that's just gonna have to wait til next year. My handmade list for this year is full up.
This one is velvet with yo-yos I made out of Christmas fabric. I placed buttons in the centers and sewed on a couple of snowflake buttons. I wish it showed up better, but you get the idea.
It's back to the sewing machine for me. See ya soon. Nerm

8 comments:

Sandra Evertson said...

Love the stocking!
Sandra Evertson

Unknown said...

You're SEW creative! It looks like you've been having fun, Nerm! :)

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Wow, that is fantastic! What a cute stocking! And thank you for visiting me recently...it is so fun to meet you!
Carrie

Victoria Lynn said...

Nerm,
I loved your post about the advent season. It's good to focus on the true meaning. Looks like you've been busy creating very cute things! You go girl! Have a blessed Christmas season.
Hugs,
Victoria Lynn

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

HiNerm,
The stocking is so sweet and a keepsake:) for sure.Thanks for visiting.
Christmas JOY to You.
Deb

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I just wanted to say thank you for stopping by, I truly appreciate your kind comments. What a darling stocking. I love the yo yos on it. Please stop back anytime.

Hugs,
LeAnn:)

Nanette Merrill said...

Oh if I could only clone myself. I'd make a yoyo stocking. This is beautiful. I love it!

Unknown said...

I so love the memories that you wrote about in this post Nerm! I totally remember the nights after dinner when we would light our advent candles and read & learn about the advent season and what it all really meant. It makes me smile to think back on those days.

Once again....you are such a great Nerm to us girls!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails