Friday, October 31, 2008

HAPPY ALL HALLOW'S EVE

I can't believe it's been a week since my last post & I promised to do better. Problem is right now my life is kinda boring. Hope this Halloween evening went well for everyone. Can't wait to see the photos of all my little people in their costumes. I didn't get to see them in person this year. We don't have many trick or treaters at our house. We live in a subdivision kind of out in the country and on top of that, we are at the end of a cul de sac. But my daughter Amy says that they have huge crowds.

I have been sewing this week. The realization that Christmas is only two short months away has driven me into action. Some things I won't be able to show you til after Christmas because my family reads this blog and a lot of my handiwork is for them.
As I was looking through my fabric, I found these pieces I had painted years ago when I took a fabric painting class. I guess I must have finished them and just put them away. I think the scarecrow is really cute, so I whipped up a pillow with him. I even had some matching trim in the bottomless supply closet full of sewing goodies!

I also found this little pumpkin so I turned it into a door hanger. Found this remnant of ball fringe which just matches and finished it off with a twine hanger cord. I'm going to use them
thru the fall since I finished them so late. That way I'll get some enjoyment from them.

I'm going to bed, folks, with just one word of caution: brush your teeth so all that Halloween candy you've eaten won't give you cavities! ha, ha. Nerm





4 comments:

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Nerm
Cute pillow and door hanger. We didn't have any Trick & Treaters as the neighborhood is older and we turn the lights off..it save me on eating all the Candy...
Keep resting so you will be better soon.
Deb

Ginger said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog site and leaving a comment. I haven't been at this very long and it's so much fun to see that someone has visited.
We didn't have any trick or treaters either, I sure miss seeing the kids and their costumes. And my grandkids are all out of state, so I just have to be content with seeing their pictures. I love that picture you posted of the dog and cat sleeping together. Thats amazing that they get along that well. My dog would have none of that!!!
Cute picture of Morgan, too.
Ginger

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Nerm & Kitty!
Just stopping by to say Hi and Happy Fall!! Have a good week!
hugs, Sherry

Victoria Lynn said...

Nerm,
It was good to hear from you. I'm glad you're feeling better. Looks like you've been busy crafting! Hope you're enjoying this fabulous Tennessee weather...I LOVE IT!!!
Hugs,
Victoria Lynn

Related Posts with Thumbnails