Tuesday, January 5, 2010

WINTRY KNITTING

Sure do hope you all are keeping warm. Boy, is it cold. Highs have been in the 20's. Here in Tennessee that's plenty cold. Now we are under a Winter Storm Warning for Thursday and Friday and expecting...dum de dum dum...SNOW!!! As many of you know, I crave a good snowy day which we haven't had in a long, long time. They are forecasting 1.5--3" of the white stuff for Weds. nite and Thursday. I won't hold my breath, but I'll keep my fingers crossed. (Now that's a mental picture!)

Meanwhile, I am busy knitting away on a sweater for myself. I do a lot of charity knitting and I knit for family members , but I've really been in the mood to do something for myself. This particular sweater is a cardigan and made of a beautiful tweed yarn. Thank goodness, my hands are cooperating with me recently. My arthritis is haunting my knee at the moment, so I'll settle for that.
Here's a close-up (slightly out of focus) of the tweed-y aspect of the yarn.
I will let you know how much progress I make on the sweater and if the snow materializes.
Meanwhile, join me in a cup of hot tea. Nerm

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails