Tuesday, September 9, 2008

CATCHING UP

Yes, I'm still here. Alive, but not particularly well. More on that later. I wanted to share some photos with you to show what's been going on. Last week I spent a very enjoyable afternoon lunching and shopping with Victoria Lynn of Sweet Victoria Antiques. Turns out that we have alot of common interests. We enjoyed all the autumnal decorations and tried hard to pretend it was fall here in middle Tennessee. Even if it was 90 degrees yesterday. We are supposed to cool off soon, so says the weatherman. hmmmm, we'll see.
I bought this great basket and got it filled and hanging on my front door yesterday. I love it because it's just a little different.
I found these teeny little pumpkins and arranged them around a fall candle. Nice.
These are the cutest little pumpkins-rather out of focus, but you get the idea.

Here's a rusty leaf hanging on my back door. I've had this for a couple of years, but still really like it.



Now on to the really important stuff: Grandparents Day! This was at Tanner's school. Here is the kindergarten class singing a welcome song. His teacher has been a kindergarten teacher for 30 years! Bless her heart! The classroom was so bright and cheerful.




After visiting the classroom, we got to eat lunch with our student. I wish I had taken pictures of the paintings on the wall of the cafeteria. So darling. Even though I wasn't feeling very well, I had a great time. I always loved to visit the kid's schools and was a big volunteer. Wonder if they need any grandmas at Tanner's school?





I've been under the weather due to an adverse reaction to my arthritis medicine, Enbrel. This is a weekly injection and it just didn't work for me. I've had fever and coughing; aches and pains, rash, and on and on. Good grief. Now just have to wait for it to get out of my system and it's back to square one. Meanwhile, it's alot of couch time for Nerm.


6 comments:

Jamie Jo said...

Oh, Nerm, I wish I could help you out somehow. Just know someone in MN is praying for you.

I love your front door and your candle and your back door. I'm not ready for Fall at all though...I'm waiting to decorate Fall-like in Oct..maybe I'll be ready to give in. Don't get me wrong, I love fall, it's just that, Fall doesn't last long here in Mn, and Winter comes way too quick after that and lasts 6 months.

We are never happy are we? You have 90's above zero and we get the 60 below zero wind chills and neither of are happy about it!!
haha!

Looks like a great time for Grandparents day, how blessed you are. I wish you were feeling better, at least your mind was on something fun for a little while. Those kids are darling!

Unknown said...

Oh Nerm...what a cute posting! I LOVE the basket with the flowers on the door. That is precious!

The Grandparents Day was such a hot subject of conversation at home. Tan talked about y'all eating lunch together and how Grampie was "at my school mom, can you believe that?" Thank you for making the special effort to go and be with him on Monday even though I know you're feeling rotten. Hope u feel better soon!!! I love u!

Nanette Merrill said...

Tanner is a doll. Don't you love all the beautiful bounty that fall gives us to enjoy and celebrate.

Christine said...

Hope you feel better soon NERM!! Thinking of ya! BIG HUGS FROM YOUR BLOGGING BUDDY! ((((HUGS))))

Little Blue Violet said...

O Dear ! I sure hope you are back to Nermal real soon ! I love your front door arrangement and the colors of your doors...and those tiny teeny weeny pumpkins re to darned sweet. What a wonderful gram you are...under the wether but still socializing for Tanner. Prayers for a speedy recovery...Godspeed!
smiles
DarLy*~

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Nerm,
How are you feeling now? Much better I hope. Love your mini pumpkins and front door wreath :)
How fun to go to "school" with your Grandson. You take it easy, read some magazine and have a little chocolate..that should help you feel better :)
Warmly, Deb

Related Posts with Thumbnails